fbpx

Our Oil

Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Great Value

Olio Extra Vergine di Oliva BIO

L’Olio Extra Vergine di Oliva da Agricoltura Biologica Gran Pregio nasce da un’attenta selezione delle migliori olive della cultivar Coratina e Peranzana, raccolte nei fondi agricoli a conduzione familiare, grazie alle esperienze tramandate di padre in figlio.

La terra in cui nasce l’Olio Gran Pregio è a nord di Bari, nella culla di uliveti secolari a ridosso del mare Adriatico. Qui i terreni fertili ed il clima dolce e profumato del mare contribuiscono a produrre un olio dalle proprietà organolettiche particolari.

Alle peculiari caratteristiche del territorio si aggiunge una cura esasperata nella metodica di tutte le fasi di lavorazione, dalla potatura delle piante alla raccolta manuale sugli alberi.

L’olio così ottenuto possiede proprietà olfattive e gustative di altissimo livello, nonché una carica fenolica molto elevata e, quindi, notevoli caratteristiche antiossidanti.

Le varietà del nostro Olio
Extra Vergine d’oliva

Certifications

The term Organic may be used in the sales name of the product that possesses an organic ingredient content of more than 95 percent. The remaining 5 percent, however, must fall within a shortlist of conventional agricultural ingredients allowed by Annex IX of Regulation (EC) 889/08.

The use of the European logo is mandatory for all packaged organic products with an organic ingredient content of more than 95 percent that are produced and grown within the EU.

In addition to the new Community Logo, it is mandatory to indicate the geographical origin of raw materials (EU/non-EU agriculture).

The protected designation of origin, better known by the acronym PDO, is a mark of legal protection of the designation that is awarded by the European Union to foods whose distinctive quality characteristics depend essentially or exclusively on the territory in which they were produced.

[…]” Designation of origin” is defined as., the name of a region, specific place or, in exceptional cases, country that serves to designate an agricultural product or foodstuff originating in that region, specific place or country, the quality or characteristics of which are due essentially or exclusively to a particular geographical environment, including natural and human factors, and the production, processing and elaboration of which take place in the defined geographical area.”

Organic products are regulated in the United States under a specific Federal Law, effective February 21, 2001, known as the NOP (National Organic Program) and administered by theUSDA.

From the beginning of its implementation, operators wishing to sell in the United States were required to obtain the specific certification issued by CBs accredited directly by the USDA (CCPB was the first Italian body to obtain this accreditation).

Following a lengthy negotiation process between the European Commission services and those of the USDA, a partnership agreement was signed in February 2012 between the two sides of the Atlantic, on the basis of which the two systems are recognized as equivalent, and thus organic products certified to the standards in force in either country can be marketed freely and will be able to bear the organic logo provided by the country of destination.

Since 2002, the “JAS – Japan Agricultural Standards“, provide that the organic products must be certified by a Japanese (RCO Registered Certification Organization) or foreign (RFCO Registered Foreign Certification Organization), registered with MAFF, the Ministry of Agriculture of Japan, and must state on the label the JAS logo as well as the name of the authorized certification body.

ICEA, authorized by the Japanese Ministry of Agriculture since July 7, 2003, authorization renewed on 12/22/2006, as a Registered Foreign Certification Body, allows certified operators to place the JAS logo on product labels, introduced as a quality mark to protect the consumer and the Japanese market.

Certifications

The term Organic may be used in the sales name of the product that possesses an organic ingredient content of more than 95 percent. The remaining 5 percent, however, must fall within a shortlist of conventional agricultural ingredients allowed by Annex IX of Regulation (EC) 889/08.

The use of the European logo is mandatory for all packaged organic products with an organic ingredient content of more than 95 percent that are produced and grown within the EU.

In addition to the new Community Logo, it is mandatory to indicate the geographical origin of raw materials (EU/non-EU agriculture).

The protected designation of origin, better known by the acronym PDO, is a mark of legal protection of the designation that is awarded by the European Union to foods whose distinctive quality characteristics depend essentially or exclusively on the territory in which they were produced.

[…]” Designation of origin” is defined as., the name of a region, specific place or, in exceptional cases, country that serves to designate an agricultural product or foodstuff originating in that region, specific place or country, the quality or characteristics of which are due essentially or exclusively to a particular geographical environment, including natural and human factors, and the production, processing and elaboration of which take place in the defined geographical area.”

Organic products are regulated in the United States under a specific Federal Law, effective February 21, 2001, known as the NOP (National Organic Program) and administered by theUSDA.

From the beginning of its implementation, operators wishing to sell in the United States were required to obtain the specific certification issued by CBs accredited directly by the USDA (CCPB was the first Italian body to obtain this accreditation).

Following a lengthy negotiation process between the European Commission services and those of the USDA, a partnership agreement was signed in February 2012 between the two sides of the Atlantic, on the basis of which the two systems are recognized as equivalent, and thus organic products certified to the standards in force in either country can be marketed freely and will be able to bear the organic logo provided by the country of destination.

Since 2002, the “JAS – Japan Agricultural Standards“, provide that the organic products must be certified by a Japanese (RCO Registered Certification Organization) or foreign (RFCO Registered Foreign Certification Organization), registered with MAFF, the Ministry of Agriculture of Japan, and must state on the label the JAS logo as well as the name of the authorized certification body.

ICEA, authorized by the Japanese Ministry of Agriculture since July 7, 2003, authorization renewed on 12/22/2006, as a Registered Foreign Certification Body, allows certified operators to place the JAS logo on product labels, introduced as a quality mark to protect the consumer and the Japanese market.

Awards and Mentions

Biol
Sirena d’oro
Merum
Joop
Bibenda

Awards and Mentions

Biol
Sirena d’oro
Merum
Joop
Bibenda
[]